In this Discussion, you focus on the role of theory and models in research and evidence-based practice.
· Review the information in Chapter 6 of the course text. Focus on the various conceptual theories and models that are currently used in nursing research.
· Select one of the theories or models described that is of interest to you.
· Using the Walden Library, search for and identify a research article that uses the theory or model you selected.
· Reflect on how the theory or model provides structure to the research study described in the article.
· Now, think about an issue in your practice area that you would be interested in exploring through research.
· Review this week’s media presentation and consider strategies for locating and identifying a relevant theory or model for a research study.
Post a summary of the article that you located and explain how the theory or model that you selected was used in the research study. Assess the value of basing research on an established theory or model.