Nursing homework help
Physical examination: Normal, healthy 28-year-old gravid female. She is overweight with a body mass index of 28.2.
Laboratory and other tests: Genotype is pan-sensitive without HIV mutations. Ultrasound at her 2-day follow-up estimates she is 15 weeks pregnant.
- What are the Public Health Service Panel on Antiretroviral Guidelines for Adults and Adolescents guidelines for HIV-positive pregnant females regarding starting ART? What antiretroviral medications are recommended as first line? Which drugs should be avoided? Provide a rationale for all answers.
- What education does Linda need regarding her medication?
- Are there any risks to the baby during labor?
- What should be done for the baby at birth if he/she tests positive for HIV? What will the providers need to do in terms of monitoring the baby?
- Prepare and submit a 3-4 page paper [total] in length (not including APA format).
- Answer all the questions above.
- Support your position with examples.
- Please review the rubric to ensure that your assignment meets criteria.
- Submit the following documents to the Submit Assignments/Assessments area:
- Case Study: HIV Patient