How actively are fathers participating in the births of their children these days? Find out by carrying out an interview project. Identify two first-time, expectant fathers and two fathers of children under the age of 2 (Total of 4 interviewees). Interview these men using the following sets of questions:
• What are your feelings about becoming a father?
• How have you been involved in your partner’s pregnancy?
• What part will you play in your child’s birth? What part would you like to play?
• What do you think being a “good father” means?
• How will having a child change your life?
• What part did you play in the birth(s) of your child (children)? What were your feelings about this experience?
• What are the three biggest challenges you face as a father?
• What do you think a “good father” is?
• How has having a child changed your life?
• What advice would you give a new father?