- In this 6 to 8-page paper (page count excludes title page and reference page), you will choose one of the classic family therapy models from module 3 (either the transgenerational or the experiential model) and one of the classic family therapy models from module 4 (either the structural or the strategic model) and apply the chosen models to the Case of Sharon and her Family (Thomlison pp. 196-197).
- Do not use an abstract with this paper, start with a standard APA title page.
- Include an introductory paragraph that includes a clear thesis statement as well as a brief explanation of why you chose the two models you selected.
- The main body of your paper should be 4 to 5 pages and must demonstrate the differences in the two approaches chosen, including a brief description of each model and the key intervention strategies and expected outcomes of each approach. Be sure to include specific examples of what the family therapist would do and say in each of these models and how the therapist would work with the family overall. Your work should clearly address the question; what is the family therapist most interested in when they are working in each of these models and how do they engage the family in the therapeutic process? Include cultural and ethical considerations that might arise in working with this family from these perspectives.
- Conclude your paper with a 1 to 2-page summary that compares and contrasts both approaches along with a critical analysis of which model you feel would be most beneficial to this family; including the degree to which you believe these models are or are not strengths-based and sensitive to culture and trauma-informed principles of care.
- Please use the Goldenberg text along with a minimum of 6 other academic sources to support your work. There are a number of excellent references listed in the Thomlison text, you are welcome to use some of these as long as you cite something beyond what is cited in Thomlison, you will need to retrieve a copy of the full articles to do this. You must appropriately cite all resources used in the paper and include a list of APA-style references at the end of your paper.
My Nursing Writer is an academic custom writing service created to help nursing students with their academic work. We offer premium academic writing services to nursing students on all academic levels from undergraduates to P.h D level students. With our custom assignment writing services, we have managed to establish trust and professionalism with all our clients.
Our team of professional researchers, writers, editors, and customer support staff make us the best Academic Writing Service in the world.
Our dedicated team works day and night to meet strict client deadlines and guarantee happy and returning customers..