CULTURAL COMPETENCE REGISTERED PROFESSIONAL NURSE RESPONSIBILITY
• Cultural Competence:
Registered Professional Nurse Responsibility Paper
• Use a 12 font size, double space your work and use APA format for citations, references, and overall
Using APA format, write a six 6 page paper (excludes cover and reference page) that examines culturally
sensitive nursing care.
(note)cover letter and reference page are not part of the six pages.
The paper consists of two (2) parts and must be submitted by the close of week six (6).
A minimum of three (4) current professional references must be provided. Current references include
professional publications and valid websites dated within five (5) years. Additionally, a textbook that
is no more than one (1) edition old may be used.
Part 1 – Introduction
Address the following:
1. Using your own words, define culturally competent nursing care. Support your definition with a
professional literature citation.
2. Identify four (4) guidelines the registered professional nurse may use to enhance the ability to
provide culturally competent nursing care. Provide one example the culturally competent nurse applies
to each of the four (4) selected guidelines. At least one example must address care of patient(s) not
occurring in an acute care hospital.
3. Describe how the registered professional nurse evaluates if the patient’s cultural needs have been
4. Describe whether cultural practices must be accommodated in all aspects of health care. Provide a
specific example and rationale to support your response.
Part 2- Demonstrating Culturally Competent Nursing Care
Address the following:
2. Select one of the following cultures and focus on the direct caregiving role of the RN at the
o Native American
3. Select four (4) cultural features, associated with the selected culture that influence the provision
of nursing care for patients with chronic illness and at the end of their lives. Describe how the four
(4) cultural features influence the provision of care to the patients. At least one (1) feature must
address chronic illness and at least one (1) feature must address end of life care.
4. Provide a total of four (4) nursing interventions that demonstrate nursing care, which reflect the
respect for the dignity and uniqueness of those cultural features for patients experiencing chronic
illness (2 interventions) and at the end of their lives (2 interventions).
(please note) paper will be submitted via turn it in.
The post Describe how the registered professional nurse evaluates if the patient’s cultural needs have been met.Select one of the following cultures and focus on the direct caregiving role of the RN at the bedside: appeared first on My Nursing Writer.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.