1. CheckPoint: Fiber Research
· Resource: http://www.americanheart.org
· Due Date: Day 4 [Individual] forum
· Visit the above Web site and click on the Heart & Stroke Encyclopedia link. Click on
the F in the alphabetical listing, and then click on Fiber. Read about fiber in the online
· Read the article, Fibers, Lipids, and Coronary Heart Disease at
http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/95/12/2701 and then answer the following
o What is the function of fiber in the body?
o What are some examples of food sources of dietary fiber?
o What is the difference between soluble and insoluble fiber?
o What are the fiber recommendations for children versus adults, according to the
o What did you learn about fiber that you were not aware of prior to reading this
· Submit a 200 to 300 word response, remembering to include appropriate APA citations.
2. Assignment: Carbohydrate Presentation
· Resource: Nutrition: Everyday Choices
· Due Date: Day 7 [Individual] forum
· Create a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation, including speaker notes,
o What carbohydrates are
o The difference between simple and complex carbohydrates
o How sugars are broken down and used in the body
o The benefits that carbohydrates provide to the body
· Give examples of foods that are considered healthy sources of carbohydrates.
· Include information on one of the following disorders related to carbohydrates: lactose
intolerance, diabetes, or hypoglycemia. Be sure to include a definition, how it affects the
body, and some of the courses of action used to treat and manage the disorder.
· Include a reference slide with citations in APA format.
The post What is the difference between soluble and insoluble fiber? Visit the above Web site and click on the Heart & Stroke Encyclopedia link. Click on the F in the alphabetical listing, and then click on Fiber. appeared first on My Nursing Writer.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.