Nursing homework help
- Height: 68 inches; Weight 134.5 kg
- BP: 172/96, HR 88, RR 26
- Fasting Blood Glucose: 146/mg/dL
- Total Cholesterol: 250mg/dL
- Triglycerides: 312 mg/dL
- HDL: 30 mg/dL
Critical Thinking Questions
What health risks associated with obesity does Mr. C. have? Is bariatric surgery an appropriate intervention? Why or why not?
Mr. C. has been diagnosed with peptic ulcer disease and the following medications have been ordered:
- Magnesium hydroxide/aluminum hydroxide (Mylanta) 15 mL PO 1 hour before bedtime and 3 hours after mealtime and at bedtime.
- Ranitidine (Zantac) 300 mg PO at bedtime.
- Sucralfate/Carafate 1 g or 10ml suspension (500mg / 5mL) 1 hour before meals and at bedtime.
The patient reports eating meals at 7 a.m., noon, and 6 p.m., and a bedtime snack at 10 p.m. Plan an administration schedule that will be most therapeutic and acceptable to the patient.
- Assess each of Mr. C.’s functional health patterns using the information given. (Hint: Functional health patterns include health-perception – health management, nutritional – metabolic, elimination, activity-exercise, sleep-rest, cognitive-perceptual, self-perception – self-concept, role-relationship, sexuality – reproductive, coping – stress tolerance.)
- What actual or potential problems can you identify? Describe at least five problems and provide the rationale for each.