Theoretical Foundations of Nursing
Read the Langley and Brown (2010) study. In this literature review reflective journaling and its role in promoting critical thinking
and nursing theory integration into practice is discussed. From the McEwen and Wills chapter 16 reading, select either a cognitive or
behavioral learning theory. Create a reflective journaling assignment you would provide nursing students at the BSN level.
1. Present the assignment instructions as you would provide them for your students.
2. Explain/discuss which learning theory you used as the basis and why.
3. What are your learning goals for the students?
4. How will this assignment and the theory achieve those goals?
Post response no later than Tuesday. Responses need to address all components of the question, demonstrate critical thinking and
analysis, and include peer reviewed journal evidence to support the student’s position. Please see grading rubric for additional
Students are expected to:
1. Post an initial substantive response of 200-250 words to each question.
2. Read postings and engage in the discussion boards 4-5 days per week.
3. Respond to at least two other student’s postings with substantive comments.
Substantive comments add to the discussion and provide your fellow students with information that will enhance the learning
The postings should be at least one paragraph (approximately 100 words) and include references as indicated by the instructor.
4. References and citations should conform to the APA 6th edition.
Remember: Please respect the opinions of others, even if their views differ. In other words, disagree professionally and respectfully.
Plagiarism is never acceptable – give credit when credit is due – cite your sources
• McEwen and Wills (2011) Chapters 20
The post What are your learning goals for the students? appeared first on My Nursing Writer.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.