CURRENT IMMIGRATION DEBATES The topic that I plan to address in my “Report On…” refers to the current immigration debates in the U.S. Both my parents are immigrants, so this issue is very personal, but also I realize that it can affect 11 million of unauthorized workers in the United States. My research question refers to the discussion of three of the major proposals that are currently circulating in the U.S. Congress regarding immigration: -border security-possible path to citizenship for unauthorized workers residing in the U.S.-special status for temporary agricultural workers. I would like to explore in my paper the background and content of this proposals, the major points of disagreement, and the influence of certain politicians and interest groups on the subject matter. The three sources that I have consulted up to this point are the following (no encyclopedias): Bowden, Charles. “Exodus” in Mother Jones. September/October 2006. Huntington, Samuel. Who are We? New York: Simon & Schuster, 2005. Massey, Douglass et al. Beyond Smoke and Mirrors. Mexican Immigration in the Era of Economic Integration. New York: Sage Foundation, 2005.
CHECKLIST TO BE USED BEFORE TURNING IN
1. HAVE I MENTIONED IN THE INTRODUCTION:THE REASON(S) I
SELECTED THE TOPIC, AND WHY MY TOPIC IS LINKED TO THE STUDY OF AMERICAN POLITICS ?
2. DOES MY INTRODUCTION ALSO INCLUDE: THE RESEARCH
QUESTION(S), THE TIMEFRAME, AND THE MAIN POINTS (OUTLINE) I WILL DISCUSS (IN A NARRATIVE FORM)?
3. IN THE BODY OF THE PAPER, IS THE ORDER OF THE TOPICS OF MY PAPER THE SAME I ANNOUNCED IN THE INTRODUCTION? (I CAN ALWAYS USE SUBTITLES TO MAKE TRANSITIONS SMOOTHER FROM ONE TOPIC TO ANOTHER).
4. DO I HAVE AT LEAST TWO REFERENCES PER PAGE (ANY STYLE)?
6. HAVE I REREAD MY INTRODUCTION BEFORE WRITING THE
CONCLUSIONS, SO I CAN PROVIDE A RESPONSE TO MY RESEARCH QUESTION (S)?
7. HAVE I INCLUDED MY BIBLIOGRAPHY, CONTAINING AT LEAST EIGHT
8. HAVE I PROPERLY CITED MY SOURCES? (IF NOT, I CAN ALWAYS CHECK CSUN LIBRARY WEB PAGE)
9. HAVE I WRITTEN 15 PAGES IN TOTAL (FONT 12) ?