1. List four (4) published causes of keratoconjunctivitis sicca in horses. (4 marks)
2. Perfluorocarbon liquids (PFCLs) are useful as vitreal substitutes to facilitate complex
vitreoretinal surgery. List four (4) properties of PFCLs which make them suitable for
this purpose. (4 marks)
3. Answer both parts of this question:
a) List three (3) advantages of the ab externo method of intraocular sulcus
fixation of intraocular lens implants following intracapsular lens extraction.
b) State the main drawback to this method of intraocular sulcus fixation.
4. Answer both parts of this question:
a) List four (4) causes of retained spectacles in snakes. (2 marks)
b) Identify four (4) strategies that can be employed to conservatively manage
this condition. (2 marks)
5. Outline two (2) surgical techniques that can be employed to treat pseudoptyerigium
(conjunctival overgrowth) in rabbits. (4 marks)
Continued over page
Veterinary Ophthalmology Paper 2 Page 3 of 7
© 2016 The Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists ABN 00 50 000894 208
6. List eight (8) infectious agents that can cause conjunctivitis in poultry species.
7. A seven-year-old Rottweiler presents with a large sebaceous adenoma occupying one
third of the upper central eyelid. You remove the mass and choose to perform a Zplasty
to repair the defect. Use a diagram to illustrate this technique. (4 marks)
8. With respect to early retinal degeneration (erd) in the Norwegian elkhound:
a) Briefly outline the electroretinographic findings typical of this condition.
b) Explain what the observed waveform suggests about electrical transmission
within the retina. (1 mark)
c) Outline how the electroretinogram alters with time. (1 mark)
d) What changes are noticed in the rod and cone flicker responses? (1 mark)
9. List eight (8) factors that have been identified that are important in the prevention of
posterior capsular opacification after cataract surgery. (4 marks)
10. List eight (8) congenital eye anomalies seen in the Rocky mountain horse. (4 marks)
11. List four (4) materials from which intraocular lenses (IOLs) are made. (4 marks)
12. With respect to laser surgery in veterinary ophthalmology:
a) List two (2) clinical applications for endolaser in veterinary ophthalmology.
b) List two (2) clinical applications for the Nd:YAG laser in veterinary
ophthalmology. (2 marks)
The post LIST FOUR (4) PUBLISHED CAUSES OF KERATOCONJUNCTIVITIS SICCA IN HORSES.Perfluorocarbon liquids (PFCLs) are useful as vitreal substitutes to facilitate complex appeared first on My Nursing Writer.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.