Problem, Purpose, and the Question (Due in Module 1)
i) Problem and Purpose
(1) Think about what you have learned with regard to the five critical steps of evidenced-based practice.
(2) In a formal paper of no more than 500 words:
(a) Identify and describe one topic that may resolve a patient-care-quality problem or issue.
(b) Draft a possible problem statement
(3) Describe a problem, explain why it is a problem, and why it is significant to your discipline; gathering the literature as support for why this is a problem in relationship to your practice
(4) The problem should focus on the resolution of an issue or problem significant to improving patient care.
(5) Draft a purpose statement in relationship to your problem statement that states what you hope to accomplish if you implemented this project
ii) Defining a Searchable, Answerable Question
(1) From what you wrote about your problem and purpose, write a question that will be the basis for your implementation plan. Word count is not relative in this section.
(2) The background should include the students’ research question in a PICO format
(3) Include evidence-based resources.
iii) Use APA format including a title page, introduction, and conclusion. An abstract is not required. Cite in-text and in the References section
iv) Submit the formal paper and the question to your instructor by the end of Module 1 on Sunday, December 11th before midnight.