Please answer the following questions in 100-150 words PER QUESTION. CITE ANY SOURCES USED.
1. Using the internet, research the organ donation laws in the state of Georgia, and provide a summary of those laws, and copy and paste in the URL address(s) that support(s) the information. Are you yourself listed as an organ donor and why or why not? If you so wish, you may also share if your family has had any experiences with organ donation and what your family would or would not do differently if a similar situation arose.
2. The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) has impacted all patients with the general intention of protecting our privacy and rights as a patient. Research HIPAA and provide and reflect on what this Act was intended to address. Also provide a brief overview of how this has impacted you as an individual consumer/patient.
3. Research two medical coverages from different companies and share your opinion of both medical coverages. Contrast the two and comment on the similarities and differences.
4. Describe why registers/registries are important in the healthcare setting. Be sure to reference a specific register/registry as a supportive example.
5. Think of a time when your healthcare visit was documented entirely via an Electronic Health Record/Computer? Did this impact the overall quality of care that you received during your encounter? Why or why not?
6. Think of a time when you read about fraud in the healthcare industry. What occurred and how was the specific activity flagged as fraud to begin with? In your reflection also list out how this could have been prevented and what can be/is done to prevent it from continuing to occur.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.