Utilization of Professional and Allied Health Personnel
You will be given 5 potential essay topics (below). You are required to answer 2 of them for the take-home portion of this examination. Answer each question completely and to the best of your ability – suggested minimum lengths are 1 page (single-spaced) or 2 pages (double-spaced) per question. You may cite outside sources if you would like, but it is by no means required. A simple citation is OK – don’t worry about APA formatting, etc.
Essays must be turned in – in person or electronically – by the beginning of class on Monday 10/21. No late submissions will be accepted.
The essays will count for a total of 25 points (12.5 points each) out of 50 possible points for the midterm exam. Good luck!
1. Healthcare is a constantly evolving field, and so are the job duties and responsibilities of healthcare workers. Please explain the process and importance of job analysis – who conducts it, what method(s) can be used, and what information is derived? How is this information utilized in the organization’s other HR functions? When should an organization consider conducting a job analysis?
2. Define Strategic Human Resources Management (SHRM) and its functions. What is its purpose, and what is the benefit to organizations? Briefly discuss the SHRM model. What are some SHRM trends, and what are some ways that they differ from traditional HR practices?
3. We have established that healthcare is a rapidly changing field that is highly dependent on healthcare professionals. Experts warn of a looming shortage of nurses and physicians as our population ages and more and more people access health services. Describe how healthcare is unique in its use of professionals. What are some of the characteristics that make healthcare professionals expensive and in high demand? What are some of the factors contributing to a future nursing shortage? What are organizations doing to try and combat this?
4. Describe workforce planning and its importance. What is its purpose, and how has it evolved? What organizations or government entities typically oversee workforce planning? Who or what are some barriers to workforce planning in the U.S. that have kept us behind other countries?
5. The healthcare field may be viewed as a complex legal environment, and future managers and leaders are wise to be aware of the potential pitfalls. Please pick a) discrimination, orb) sexual harassment. Briefly explain types of behavior that can put the organization at risk of a lawsuit. What can an organization’s leadership do to minimize the likelihood of being sued?
The post Define Strategic Human Resources Management (SHRM) and its functions. Healthcare is a constantly evolving field, and so are the job duties and responsibilities of healthcare workers. appeared first on My Nursing Writer.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.