Nursing homework help
Assignment 1: Application: Using Microsoft Project
Starting a project without a plan is like going on a road trip without any directions. You may progress along the way, but you might not end up at your desired destination. A project plan provides basic information that guides the execution and control of the project. At its most fundamental level, a project plan will describe the “who, what, when, and why” of a project. Microsoft Project is one of the most widely used project planning tools. The ability to understand and create project plans in Microsoft Project enables a project manager to effectively plan and manage project implementations.
In this Assignment, you generate a project plan using Microsoft Project.
- Review the information in this week’s Learning Resources on using Microsoft Project.
- Consider how to efficiently schedule tasks in a project plan.
- Think about how you should sequence tasks that have dependencies.
By Day 7 of Week 3
To complete this Assignment, you will create a Microsoft Project plan for a patient information management system. The primary deliverable for the plan is the patient information management system itself, but it is comprised of many modules. Include the following tasks, subtasks, and timeframes:
- Create the Admission, Discharge, and Transfer Module (requires subtask I, configuration period: 25 days, training period: 10 days)
- Subtask I: Create the Patient Registration Module (requires subtask II, configuration period: 4 days, training period: 4 days)
- Subtask II: Create the Master Patient Index (configuration period: 4 days)
- Subtask III: Create the Patient Scheduling Module (requires subtask II, configuration period: 7 days, training period: 15 days)