Nursing homework help
· Consider drugs used to treat asthmatic patients including long-term control and quick relief treatment options for patients. Think about the impact these drugs might have on patients including adults and children.
· Review Chapter 25 of the Arcangelo and Peterson text. Reflect on using the stepwise approach to asthma treatment and management.
· Consider how stepwise management assists health care providers and patients in gaining and maintaining control of the disease.
What to do:
· Describe long-term control and quick relief treatment options for asthma patients, as well as the impact these drugs might have on patients.
· Explain the stepwise approach to asthma treatment and management.
· Explain how stepwise management assists health care providers and patients in gaining and maintaining control of the disease.
Please pay attention to drug-drug interactions.
The NLH guidelines for asthma are a good reference.
– This work should have Introduction and conclusion
– This work should have at 4 to 6 current references (Year 2012 and up)
– Use at least 2 references from class Learning Resources
The following Resources are not acceptable:
2. Cdc.gov- nonhealthcare professionals section
Arcangelo, V. P., Peterson, A. M., Wilbur, V., & Reinhold, J. A. (Eds.). (2017). Pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice: A practical approach (4th ed.). Ambler, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
Drugs.com. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.drugs.com/
This website presents a comprehensive review of prescription and over-the-counter drugs including information on common uses and potential side effects. It also provides updates relating to new drugs on the market, support from health professionals, and a drug-drug interactions checker.
National Heart Lung and Blood Institute. (2007). Expert panel report 3 (EPR3): Guidelines for the diagnosis and management of asthma. Retrieved from http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/asthma/asthgdln.htm
This website presents guidelines for diagnosing and managing asthma and outlines treatment recommendations for specific age groups.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.