Read the following case study from your textbook:
- Case 15: The Diethylstilbestrol Story: An Investigation into the Evolving Public Health Policy for Pharmaceutical Products
Then, visit the Kaiser Family Foundation Web site at Kaiser Family Foundation -Health Policy Research, Analysis, Polling, Facts, Data and Journalism and research health policy at the national and state levels. Narrow down your focus to the geographic region or location you identified in W1: Assignment 3. This would be the same area which you plan to work on for your Course Project.
Then, respond to the following:
- Using your chosen geographic region or location, select a particular health policy and then discuss its national- and state-level impact on the population.
- Consider and discuss how the policy was implemented and if it was effective at achieving the intended outcome.
- Discuss the themes and barriers that arose as a result of implementation to the policy.
- Provide support/recommendations for how the policy could be improved upon.