Read the following case study from your textbook:
- Case 20: Big Brother is Watching: Utilizing Clinical Decision Support as a Tool to Limit Adverse Drug Events
Then, do the following:
- Conduct research on “community health centers” by reviewing the National Association of Community Health Centers website at About Our Health Centers – NACHC
- Choose a geographic region or location and research the types of services delivered at the community health centers in that area.
- Describe the location including the demographics such as race and ethnicity, gender, socio-economic status, age, education level, morbidity and mortality statistics, and other common or relevant health statistics.
- Identify the other social services that are available to your selected community to strengthen and sustain the community health system in the location you have chosen.
- Identify and discuss the barriers to access to healthcare.
- Explain how healthcare providers can improve access to quality care and reach their target population.
Write a 5-7 page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_W1_A3.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_W1_A3.doc.
Make sure to provide evidence-based research to support your work. Provide examples of how particular strategies were previously implemented and worked. Address the policy, systems, and environmental changes that may be needed to help support change in the community health center.
- By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
- On a separate page, cite all sources using the APA format.