Each study analysis will be 1,000-1,250 words and submitted in one document. As with the assignments in Topics 1-3, this should connect to your identified practice problem of interest.
Refer to the resource entitled “Research Critique Part 2.” Questions under each heading should be addressed as a narrative, in the structure of a formal paper. You are also required to include an Introduction and Conclusion.
Submit the assignment along with an electronic version of the article used for the analysis. If an electronic version is not available, submit a clean unmarked copy of the article.
Research Critique, Part 2
To write a critical appraisal that demonstrates comprehension of the research study conducted, and respond to each of the action items listed under the headings below. Successful completion of this assignment requires that you provide a rationale, include examples, or reference content from the study in your response.
CRITICAL APPRAISAL GUIDELINES: QUANTITATIVE STUDY
• Develop a topic sentence in which you will define the purpose of the Research Critique, Part 2
• Formulate a thesis statement which briefly provides a broad indication of your point of view in composing this assignment.
• Include a summary outline to describe the organization and main topics you will include in the body paragraphs of the assignments (see below sections).
Protection of Human Participants
• Identify the benefits and risks of participation addressed by the authors. Were there benefits or risks the authors do not identify?
• Was informed consent obtained from the subjects or participants?
• Did it seem that the subjects participated voluntarily in the study?
• Was institutional review board approval obtained from the agency in which the study was conducted?
• Are the major variables (independent and dependent variables) identified and defined? What were these variables?
• How were data collected in this study?
• What rationale did the author provide for using this data collection method?
• Identify the time period for data collection of the study.
• Describe the sequence of data collection events for a participant.
Data Management and Analysis
• Describe the data management and analysis methods used in the study.
• Did the author discuss how the rigor of the process was assured? For example, does the author describe maintaining a paper trail of critical decisions that were made during the analysis of the data? Was statistical software used to ensure accuracy of the analysis?
• What measures were used to minimize the effects of researcher bias (their experiences and perspectives)? For example, did two researchers independently analyze the data and compare their analyses?
Findings / Interpretation of Findings: Implications for Practice and Future Research
• What is the researcher’s interpretation of findings?
• Are the findings valid or an accurate reflection of reality? Do you have confidence in the findings?
• What limitations of the study were identified by researchers?
• Was there a coherent logic to the presentation of findings?
• What implications do the findings have for nursing practice? For example, can the study findings be applied to general nursing practice, to a specific population, to a specific area of nursing?
• What suggestions are made for further studies?
• Emphasize the importance and congruity of the thesis statement
• Provide a logical wrap-up to bring the appraisal to completion and to leave a lasting impression and take-away points useful in nursing practice.
• Incorporate a critical appraisal and a brief analysis of the utility and applicability of the findings to nursing practice.
• Integrate a summary of the knowledge learned.
Place your order now for a similar paper and have exceptional work written by our team of experts to guarantee you A Results
Why Choose US
6+ years experience on custom writing
80% Return Client
Urgent 2 Hrs Delivery
Your Privacy Guaranteed
The post A critical analysis of a quantitative study focusing on protection of human participants, data collection, data management and analysis, problem statement, and interpretation of findings. appeared first on MY NURSING WRITER.
Hi there! Click one of our representatives below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.